Join Max as he turns the microphone around on the founder of Noclip, Danny O'Dwyer. In September 2016, Danny left his job at Gamespot to pursue a passion for sharing stories through documentaries focused on video games. Max explores Danny's history of using video to tell stories and discusses the future of Noclip, while learning a bit about the documentary process itself. So sit down, grab a pint, and listen to us interview the interviewer.
Dope Facts about Danny O’Dwyer
- Danny's favorite game is Sensible World of Soccer.
- Danny hosts a podcast about F1 racing called "Shift+F1." You can listen to it here!
- I'm not sure if there has ever been a time where Danny did not have some sort of coffee mug near his person.
Links to articles mentioned in the interview
(Listed in order of publication date)
- Citizen Game - Episode One (Part 2/5)
- Citizen Game - Episode One (Part 3/5)
- EFMS - Sensible Software
- Video Games vs. Depression
- The Story of No Man's Sky - The Next Big Game
- Unveiling the Gameplay of No Man's Sky - The Next Big Game
- No Man's Sky: The Biggest Game World Ever Created? - The Next Big Game
- Introducing The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Part 1 of 3- The Birth of The Witcher)
- Exploring the Vast World of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Part 2 of 3- The World of Wild Hunt)
- Unveiling the Gameplay of The Witcher 3: Wild Hunt (Part 3 of 3- Unveiling the Gameplay of Witcher 3: Wild Hunt)
- The Story of Overwatch: The Fall of Titan
- The Story of Overwatch: Return of the 90s Shooter
- The Story of Overwatch: 21 Hero Salute
- Danny's Patreon for Noclip Video
- The Story of Rocket League (Part 1) - How To Build a Rocket
- The Story of Rocket League (Part 2) - How to Launch a Rocket
- DOOM Resurrected [Part 1] - To Hell & Back (DOOM Documentary)
- DOOM Resurrected [Part 2] - Designing a First Impression (Doom Documentary)
- DOOM Resurrected [Part 3] - Guns, Guitars & Chess on Mars (Doom Documentary)
- John Romero's Irish Adventure - Noclip Profiles
- Rediscovering Mystery - Noclip Documentary (feat. Jonathan Blow / Derek Yu / Jim Crawford)
- Noclip Turns 6 Months Old! (A Postmortem & Request)
- Frog Fractions 101 - Noclip Documentary
- Frog Fractions 2: The Most Absurd Game Ever Made - Noclip Documentary
- The Witness - Noclip Documentary
- Spelunky - Noclip Documentary
- Noclip Sessions Teaser Tweet
"At GDC I had like developers and players and even the people we're interviewing like being so nice, like being so, I think grateful is the word I'd use, which is like flabbergasting to me. Like, we were interviewing people and they were like happy we were doing this." - Danny O'Dwyer from his vlog about Noclip's first six months.
This episode was recorded on May 11, 2017.